Business Development Representative
Location: Draper, UT (HQ)
Cortex is hiring a part-time (with options for full-time) Business Development Representative (BDR) at our Draper headquarters to grow and develop new sales prospects within the hospital, skilled nursing, and home health industries. This role would research accounts, target key decision makers, strategically connect with creative messaging, and harvest those targeted accounts to ensure a smooth handoff to their senior sales counterparts. The ideal BDR candidate will have experience and familiarity with traditional sales methods and processes including cold calling, email sequencing, and Linkedin. More importantly, this position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated independent and effective time-management skills, and an enthusiastic attitude.
Cortex is a strategic software player in the post-acute and senior care industry. We all enjoy a fun and exciting work environment with a fast-paced product and sales growth. This opportunity will further fuel our growth and market presence.
Email email@example.com with your resume to apply.
$30,000 - $45,000 + commissions
Part-time (with full-time options)
- Identify and develop new sales prospects for Cortex within the healthcare industry
- Manage various lead lists and data mining for appropriate contacts
- Target home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, and other post-acute prospects
- Conduct phone calls, emails, and occasionally attend trade shows
- Introduce Cortex, garner prospect interest, and facilitate a smooth hand-off to greater sales team
- Support marketing efforts by assisting in demand generation campaigns
- Be friendly, enthusiastic, thoughtful, and empathetic in your professional communication
- Make 30+ outbound phone calls and 100+ outbound email sequences each day
- Achieve, or exceed, weekly and monthly metrics including sales activities, meetings set, qualified leads, and new contacts prospected
- Experience in business development, sales and/or relationship-building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to objections from healthcare organizations
- Positive attitude and ability to work well on a tight-knit team
- Possess a go-getter attitude! You strive to turn any “No!” you get into a “Yes!”
- Comfortable with the fast-changing environment of a high-growth tech company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred