Director of Sales - Arizona
Location: Arizona (Phoenix preferred)
Cortex is hiring a full-time Director of Sales (DS) with deep healthcare industry expertise and existing relationships with key players in the Arizona healthcare market. The DS will accelerate Cortex’ rapid growth by further developing this emerging market, taking ownership of key relationships, cultivating trust among potential customers and partners, and ultimately securing new business for Cortex throughout the State of Arizona.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the DS will work closely with the Cortex marketing and sales teams to identify prospects, build strong relationships, present Cortex and its value proposition, participate in local trade associations, and secure new business. This role requires excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a deep knowledge of challenges and opportunities in the healthcare industry, familiarity with local and regional players, and the self-motivation to succeed with limited oversight. The DS will have unlimited support from and access to all Cortex team members; however, we will trust you to get the job done by developing the Arizona market in your own way.
Cortex does not impose specific requirements on candidate education or background; however, experience as a healthcare operator or clinician, or in healthcare technology sales, is strongly preferred. We are eager to hear from you and review all qualified candidates to join our team. Cortex takes great pride in our culture and values, among which are offering competitive compensation and maintaining generous benefits for employees such as healthcare coverage and unlimited time off. If you are passionate about helping healthcare providers improve quality and outcomes for patients, and you believe you can promote these benefits effectively, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cortex is a software and services company focused on improving patient engagement and outcomes for the healthcare industry. Founded in 2015 and based in Salt Lake City, Cortex has hundreds of customers including home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, physician groups and hospitals throughout the nation.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and subject "Director of Sales - Arizona" to apply.
Base of $50,000 - $75,000 + commissions
- Identify, develop, and close new sales prospects in the State of Arizona
- Manage various lead lists, data mining and referrals for appropriate contacts
- Leverage existing and build new relationships with key healthcare industry players
- Target home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, physician groups, hospitals, payors
- Conduct phone calls, emails, virtual and in-person presentations
- Participate meaningfully in and present at relevant local trade associations
- Support marketing efforts by assisting in demand generation campaigns
- Be friendly, enthusiastic, thoughtful, and empathetic in your professional communication
- Experience in healthcare industry, business/market development, and/or technology sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to objections
- Positive attitude and ability to work well on a tight-knit team
- Possess a go-getter attitude! You strive to turn any "No!" you get into a "Yes!"
- Comfortable in a fast-changing high-growth tech company
- Bachelor's degree preferred