Director of Business Development - Home Health Care
Location: Remote or Lehi (UT)
Cortex is hiring a full-time Director of Business Development (DBD) with expertise in the home health care industry, to accelerate our nationwide growth in this rapidly-expanding segment of the market. The DBD will leverage existing customer relationships, expand Cortex accounts, and cultivate new home health leads from marketing channels. The DBD will be responsible for bringing home health companies on as new Cortex customers through all stages of the sales cycle, with a focus on identifying and advancing new customer opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the DBD will work closely with the Cortex marketing and sales teams to identify prospects, present Cortex and its value proposition, build strong relationships and secure new business. This role requires excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a deep knowledge of challenges and opportunities in the home health care industry, and the self-motivation to succeed with limited oversight. The DBD will have unlimited support from and access to all Cortex team members; however, we will trust you to get the job done in your own way.
Cortex does not impose specific requirements on candidate location, education, or background; however, experience as a home health operator or clinician, or in healthcare technology sales, is strongly preferred. We are eager to hear from you and review all qualified candidates to join our team. Cortex takes great pride in our culture and values, among which are offering competitive compensation and maintaining generous benefits for employees such as healthcare coverage and unlimited time off. If you are passionate about helping home health agencies improve quality and outcomes, and you believe you can promote these benefits effectively, we look forward to hearing from you.
Cortex is a software and services company focused on improving patient follow-up and outcomes for the healthcare industry. Founded in 2015, Cortex has hundreds of customers including home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, physician groups and hospitals across 30 states.
Email email@example.com with your resume to apply.
Base of $50,000 - $75,000 + commissions
- Identify, develop, and close new sales prospects
- Manage various lead lists and data mining for appropriate contacts
- Target home health agencies other post-acute prospects
- Conduct phone calls, emails, and occasionally attend trade shows
- Support marketing efforts by assisting in demand generation campaigns
- Be friendly, enthusiastic, thoughtful, and empathetic in your professional communication
- Experience in home health care, business development, and/or relationship-building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to objections
- Positive attitude and ability to work well on a tight-knit team
- Possess a go-getter attitude! You strive to turn any “No!” you get into a “Yes!”
- Comfortable in a fast-changing high-growth tech company
- Bachelor’s degree preferred